Family Child Care Accreditation (NAFCC)
Family Child Care Accreditation through the National Association for Family Child Care with support from Maine Roads to Quality.
Go to www.nafcc.org and read:
- The Eligibility Standards for Accreditation - Do you qualify?
- The Quality Standards for Accreditation - If you have any questions, call Sonja Howard at 207-615-3973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have at least 60 training hours over the last 3 years? Accreditation asks that you have 90 training hours by the time you are ready to submit for the final observation. Those entering the accreditation project through MRTQ should have most, if not all, of the training hours before entering the project.
- Are you a member of the Maine Roads to Quality Provider Registry?
- Are you a member of Quality for ME?
- Are you interested in going through self-study and self reflection for your program? If your answer is no, you may not be ready for accreditation yet. When your answer is yes, it is time for you to move ahead.
When you have looked at the above and have decided that you would like to join the Maine Roads Accreditation Support Project, you should:
- Become a member of NAFCC. You can do this online at www.nafcc.org - The annual cost is $35.
- Download and complete the Maine Roads Accreditation Application for Family Child Care
The Cost: Maine Roads to Quality pays $700 of the fees and providers pay $100. MRTQ will pay accreditation fees as long as funding allows.
- Email and phone
- On-site visits and observations for technical assistance
- Connection with family child care mentor providers who are accredited
- Cohort support depending on your location
For more information, contact:
Director: Sonja Howard
Phone: (207) 615-3973